Saturday, March 20, 2010

first spring ride

In honour of it being the spring equinox right about ... um ... NOW, I'm going to record my first spring ride.

Okay, okay. It was actually yesterday. which was techincally still winter. But it was Friday and gorgeously sunny and since we'd already moved the clocks forward last weekend I was able to ride my bike to work. Headed home, and then ... kept going. All the way around Stanley Park. So little traffic on the cycle path (except one poor pedestrian who was walking on it just after a blind corner; I think I scared him even though I ride fairly slow).

Then, on the way to the video store, I found out that they'd extended the bike lane from the park up along a side street as far as the next north-south bike route, Cardero. Hooray for connectors!

No comments:

Post a Comment