Tuesday, November 9, 2010

bike to work week & month & year

Last week was Bike to Work Week, fall version.

The one in the summer ended up having lousy weather and I only rode 1 or 2 days out of the 5. Looking back, it amazes me, because this time it was November and rained and/or blustered several of the days and I continued riding, as usual, through the whole week. And the week before, and the week after, and I intend to continue. My increased tolerance for not-just-perfect weather is something I didn't envision happening quite so quickly. With this raincoat, it's just turning out to be not a big deal.

So today I have no photos, no funny stories, no rants, and no opinions, because I've simply been riding.

This evening I participated in a phone survey about Translink. "In the past 30 days have you used transit less, the same as, or more than you previously did?"

"Less than," I said. "I ride my bicycle now."

4 comments:

  1. Hi from the UK

    I have recently found your blog and am enjoying reading about cycling in Vancouver.
    Great that you kept on riding through all the rain.
    We get our fair share of rain over here but I have never really enjoyed riding in the rain all that much.
    If I get caught out in it that's OK but getting the bike our through the door when it's raining is always difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me chuckle!! Perfect answer, nothing more needs to be said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trevor: Welcome, and glad you're enjoying! I'm with you on the part about getting the bike back inside after riding in the rain... that's the worst. I haven't written much about that part of my cycling experience yet, but maybe it's time to give it some attention. Thanks for the topic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze and inspire me!
    Riding the whole week through "Bike to Work Week" really should have been on your Mighty Bike List. ;p

    ReplyDelete