Sunday, February 13, 2011

archive adventures, part 4



Bicycles are quite common in logos. It seems to me that they often show older-looking bicycles, perhaps for their simplicity and mental association with a rosy past and/or "the sweet life". In fact, I'd go as far as to say that there is a disconnect between the bicycles we're used to seeing as iconography and the majority of actual bicycles seen on the road today (i.e. road bikes, mountain bikes, and hybrids). This discrepancy doesn't seem to register in our minds.



(Then again, our minds are perfectly capable of subconciously remembering that the numeric keypad on a computer is entirely upside down from the numeric keypad on a telephone and allowing us to use them both with little difference. Minds are sneaky things.)

1 comment:

  1. Well, actually I've been known to dial my calculator and add up on my phone! :)

    ReplyDelete