Saturday, June 5, 2010

conquering burrard

I finally rode all the way from Pender to Davie on Burrard today. I'm not sure what it was about this particular road that intimidated me so much, as it does have a bike lane, after all. In summary: the hill is so gradual that it didn't make much of a difference; the traffic was passable, although I'm still a little wary of rush hour; the buses were weaving back and forth across the bike lane because the bus lane was periodically occupied by cars (whyever do they allow parking on such a major thoroughfare?) but I was just patient and hung out behind them. I'm not into weaving about between cars like some people do just to get to the front of the line. It reminds me that cycling, like everything in life, doesn't start out being easy. It may be a bit out of your comfort zone in the beginning, but each new experience broadens your range.

Oh, and in front of the theatre I caught up with girl on a bike wearing a dress and GREEN BOOTS. They were green. They were beautiful. Did I mention they were green? So very cycle chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment