Friday, March 4, 2011

a passion on display



My family is probably sick to death of my constant rambling about bicycles by now. Every visit, every phone call, and most emails have some two-wheeling content. But that's what makes them awesome, because despite that, my mom and my sister found this little beauty and immediately thought of me.

It has a chaingaurd...



...fenders and a practical rack...



...a basket and swept back handlebars...



...and is small enough that I can put it on display in my apartment, a symbol of my passion for cycling and a source of happiness every time I look at it.



They went all out and wrapped it up in a box and gave it to me as a present ... for no reason at all except that they thought I would love it (and had no birthday or gift-giving holiday opportunity impending anywhere near soon). I was so surprised! And I love it a tonne.

So to Mom and Shelley: thank you so much! You are fabulous. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great...nice to know that your family are thinking about your interests...What a super gift..!

    ReplyDelete